RE: Where is the original? Was: RE: Value of the Original; Guidelines for pricing

The print of the image of Sarah at 21, my Grandma (died 1976 at 98) is not
the original, I would have thought, there was a glass plate negative
original.  I think the family had these until about 1950.  I might have
broken it (I was 8).  I do remember 1950, I still carried a gas mask in a
canvas carry case on a strap.  And I was really nasty because a cracked a
window with my fist because I had been locked out.  It was never repaired
and a wooden board covers the space.  And the house now is deserted until it
is sold as the remaining family member (my aunt, now 89) is in an old
peoples home.

The picture is in a draw here and the prints made from the scan are on
display.

My family have been into photography all that time, my Uncle gave me bits to
do contact prints in a printing out frame in the window using salt solution
to do the fixing.  I had a box brownie. In 1952.  I was not allowed hypo or
developer then.  That came later.

He was into photography in 1920, and astronomy, with grandpa who was into
science.  "They WILL split the Atom".  There was a telescope too.  But we
were poor.  Mum did not have shoes the whole time.

And her photograph was on the Wall, the first twelve months, you know, the
ring around the proud mother holding her baby.  Yes its all been done....

And Grandpas picture was one side of the overmantle and grandmas on the
other side with the two fine ladies (Porcelain) next to them.  They only got
broken in the last ten years.

Then the house at 91 was cleared out. Only bed linen and the old beds
remain.  Even the lace stands for the china dressing table set has been
thrown away.  Made by the baby in the photograph for her Mum, Sarah.

Life is very cruel.

Where is everybody now?  Blowing in the wind!

Its a sad world.

But a young Sarah is growing into her business at number 86.

And soon a new young family will move into the old house.  So our cycle
continues.

Where will I put the photo?

Chris
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk