Singing the Blues

Hi Gang..............

Very often I use the Mini Lab at Sam's Club
to make prints from my digital files.

I have done all the color correction
(or convert to gray scale) and image sizing
in PS 7 so all they have to do is print the files.

The price is right and they usually do a good job.

However........

When I bring them a B&W (gray scale) file
sometimes they get it right and sometimes is
comes our blue/purple.

By the way, I always burn my Color and B&W
onto separate CD's to make things less confusing.

I have mentioned to them that these are B&W files
and to make sure to set their printer for B&W.

They do seem to be aware that they have
to set the printer different for B&W.

The Manger. of the Dept. seems to have good luck
in reprinting them and getting them to come out
correctly.

Does anybody here know what I can tell the folks
behind the counter to do when the occasional
prints comes out blue/purple.

The last set of files I took to them were horrible and
the Manger. wasn't going to be back for a few days so
I ended up at the custom lab paying three times as much!

Lets not let this get into a debate about Mini Labs vs. Custom Labs.

I know that the Mini Lab can do the job when it is set properly!

Thanks......

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography