Gallery Review

I'm hoping this comes out right this week.  I made a "Whirred" final but saved as plain text first... we'll see.

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Marilyn Dalrymple
Shadow in a frame

I like the marble effect you get with the colors (perhaps because it is a marble floor?).  Lots of range when you look at it.  Simple and abstract, though tangible at the same time.  Are disc cameras still around?

Russ Baker
Deb

I?ll start off clarifying that I know nothing of studio lighting and portraiture.  But the subject seems well lit and softened.  I don?t know why her hair and elbow are cropped off.  And something about nature of the buttons on the shirt distracts me.

Jim Davis
Great Reed Warbler

I think it would be perfect if that reed wasn?t blurring up the foreground.  The 10d can shoot that fast?  Damn?

Bob Talbot
Spiderette

My second favorite for this week.  Love the colors!  The leaf angled on the right holding the web adds the needed flavor for me.  The green makes a nice sterile playground for the little babes.  I wonder when feeding time is.

Margaret Lucas
early morning lobstering

Put the boat on the bottom right, crop out the crashing waves, and gimme that sunrise!

Emily L. Ferguson
approaching the windward mark

Not that I have anything remotely resembling sea legs on my land lovin? hide, but the thumbnail got me excited to see a majestic picture of World Cup class regatta boats.  There must be a place in this world for small boats too.  I don?t know why, but it reminds me of the opening credits of Reservoir Dogs with the gang walking down the street.  Boat gangs.  The White Sharks:  controllin? surf from the Hamptons to the Vineyard.  Nice job on the sepia by the way.  I?ll have to try that sometime.

Rich Mason

My favorite this week.  Fantastic color and balance.  A sort of agrarian/Kafka-esque/Pink Floyd album cover feeling is what I?m getting.  Although, I?m waiting for the Yahoo or John Deere flash to start.  Indeed, Pink Floyd?even prog rock had to sell out at one point.  Love the opposing symmetry.  I?m wondering if the farmer hiding in the middle silo wears a suit to work.

Jim Snarski
Out of
Kenya

It looks to me like the camera metered on the trees on the hill as the foreground is too bright.  Would like to see as much detail on the animals as in the trees.  Giraffe rock and so do those trees in the middle.

Trevor Cunningham
Red 7

Please, disregard ?Red 7.?  I really have no idea why I wrote in the filename for a title as it actually has no real title.  It is what it is.  I?m finding more and more of an affinity for bizarre geologic phenomena.  Apparently there is a green lake and a white lake too in the string, both having water conditions that accurately match their names.

Don Roberts
Hierve el Agua

COOL!  I want to see more, and a few close-ups as well.  The tree and cliff distract me.  I love it when the earth oozes.  Ever been to Turkey?  They apparently have something very similar to this, I think near Cappadocia.  Maybe a little more south and west.

Paresh Pandit
the pole

Nice contrast.  Nice lines.  However, the subject doesn?t hold my attention.  (I love your monkey in the tree photo on your site)

WRGill
Wildflowers and Driftwood

I don?t know.  It seems dark to me.  However, that could just be the range of colors in the photo.  They seem to stay in the yellow/green to brown realm.  But there is some truth to it, driftwood isn?t always some cute and exotic piece you can carry off as a souvenir.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?