RE: A question about one studio prop

Peeter managed to get porn into his question thusly:

> Hi!
>
> I wonder how is called this piece of equipment, used by
> studio and fair
> location photographs, where one can stick ones face into the
> template hole
> and on the photograph will be as a bundle of muscles or canoeing on
> whitewater or sitting in an airplane or be a naked lady or .
> . .  whatever
> is painted on the template.
>
> A friend of mine, a historician and philosopher, asked me
> about it and also
> complained, that trying to find the answer via internet
> (searching for
> keywords "photo, face and hole") he could find only hard core
> porn sites :)))

Well this site http://www.amazingpartythemes.com/photos/auntsal.jpg claims they are called 'Aunt Sally'. However, I have not yet found any other site to agree with that name. Although I have seen many of them in real life, I never once wondered what they were called.

Greg Fraser
Slapper of Newts
"Things are never what they seem" - Vlad
http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery