late review--sorry

Sheesh, where did this week go? This will likely be a quick and brief review.

Don Roberts - All That Remains
Interesting location. A little washed-out looking for my taste--may be the bald sky. I think there could have been a bit more drama here in terms of lighting.

               jIMMY Harris - Family Tree
Nice tree.  Keep shooting it in different light.

Dan Mitchell - King's Lynn
I like the scene. Perhaps seen from a few steps back--more of the bridge's arch and more space for the ladder at left.

Howard Leigh - Stream Near Honister Pass, Cumbria
Cool mountain water. I keep wanting to see more of the dark rock in upper right. A wider lens, maybe? The composition isn't working for me, nowhere to land, nothing to follow...

               Bob Talbot - Oxalis
Good composition and nice lighting on the blooms, but that background...

Jim Davis - Cherry Blossom Time
My favorite this week. Really carries off the feeling of a Japanese painting.

Paresh Pandit - The untitled sunset
Pretty sunset. Good placement of the horizon. Wishing there was something more...

Marilyn Dalrymple -
I've always wanted to play with paper making--I've seen it done, but haven't gotten around to it myself. Looks like a lot of fun, with lots of potential for creativity. Did you get hold of a time machine to make the photograph? ;-)

Peeter Vissak - Domestic disco
Vinyl?? Whoda thunk? Nice slice of time. I would consider a tighter crop since their arms are already out of the frame on one side.

Pini Vollach - Arava valley
I like the way the haze helps provide a sense of scale here. The composition needs to be either tighter (crop a bit off the right), or looser.

Amy West - Indian Paintbrush
Are you sure that's Indian Paintbrush? I thought it was so named because the blooms resembled a fanned-out brush--maybe it's a different variety?

Could use more saturation. Composition is quite centered.

Andrew Davidhazy - Potted Parsley Photo
Technically interesting, but why did you go to all that trouble? Is this a special lens, I'm not familiar with it? Better than the EF 135mm f/2L? Sorry, didn't get a chance yet to read the material at the link.

I assume that in your comments you meant "can't be focused to infinity," rather than "can?"

OK, that's it. About 30 minutes...

Cheers,
Rich Mason

http://richmason.com