Re: Colleges and ethics

Brian-

I believe one school in the UK did get caught and got fined very heavily - around £30 000? - for using illegal software on the school's network. Our network manager is very keen to avoid this!
But with really cheap older versions of Paintshop Pro, Serif PhotoPlus (£5.95 for v.7) or versions of Elements that come free with scanners etc, there isn't any real need to hack the top-grade stuff to be able to manipulate images.
So I don't feel the need to give my students software, and they have access to PS7 anyway on our school network.

Howard