RE: Reviewing in my way

>What's the point in dividing the photographs into
>"absolute crap", relative crap" and "the rest"???
Good question.

>"gems", "jewels" and "simply good shots" ?
Ditto

<<<Looking at pictures I have quite specific feelings that grow out from
the moment and some previous moments, the overall mood of the day, and only
then from my health, education and preceding experiences.>>>

That goes for everyone.

In the world there are billions of photographs and on line I probably encounter
hundreds per day.  Most I don't "see".  One of the biggest things a photo
must have is to be eye-catching: you are walking by a gallery, see it from
the corner of your eye and go back for a proper look.  That's a snap decision.
 There may be lots of better pictures in the gallery window but when they
are competing in a world where we are bombarded with images ...

Those in the PF gallery get a head start.  500 (???) people may actually
look at them all every week regardless.  The "first impression" comment
is not without merit - in fact it's critical.

Of course, there are exceptions: especially from photographers who already
have a reputation.  Some photos without instant impact do grow on me: likewise
some wane very quickly.

ATEOTD though any feedback is better than none ;o)

Bob