RE: Reviewing in my way

In the world there are billions of photographs and on line I probably encounter
hundreds per day. Most I don't "see". One of the biggest things a photo
must have is to be eye-catching: you are walking by a gallery, see it from
the corner of your eye and go back for a proper look. That's a snap decision.
There may be lots of better pictures in the gallery window but when they
are competing in a world where we are bombarded with images ...

Then again -- the eyecatcher shall not compulsory be the best one to the wall.
Very often these are pics that we simply like to look at, per se.
There are myriads of very modest eyecatchers, that after framing will be splendid candidates for your (or even better -- for a rich man's) home or office wall.

Those in the PF gallery get a head start.  500 (???) people may actually
look at them all every week regardless.  The "first impression" comment
is not without merit - in fact it's critical.

WWW is relentless -- only photographs with the "something" inside will get some attention.

Of course, there are exceptions: especially from photographers who already
have a reputation.

Well, who wouldn't pay 7000 bucks for a submodest, but celebrated photograph ;o)

Peeter