Re: Colleges and ethics

Is the software for educational / personal use?
Are you sure it was not developed by the professor himself?

In the first case it is not piracy in the strict sense of the word. Just rememeber that not many students are as fortunate and you and coudn't afford $500 in software for a class.

As someone mentioned most of the educatinal packages are either crippled or time activated (ie. don;t work after XXX days) and are a great promotional tool for software companies, since you "learn" to use the program, you become "addicted" to it and will buy a full version when you are ready.