Re: Gallery sales

Marilyn <marilyn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>Do those of you who sell at galleries have different sized gallery prints
>available for customers who want a displayed print in a different size?   Do
>you keep or display a price list for the different sized prints?
>
>Do you sell copies of the displayed prints without matting, mounting and
>frames, or is the print hanging in the gallery the only one for sale at that
>time?
>
>I'd appreciate your comments, please.

Me too, cause I'm planning on hanging some 'art' for sale :-) I was
thinking of a decent looking but cheap frame, glass, and matte, sell
the print complete, and let them do what they want with it. Most
people are much happier I think not to have the hassle and expense of
framing a print.

I like a natural colour wood, with glass and white matte. These are
available and cheap. I like the 10 by 15 print size for the frames I
am getting. I'd go bigger likely if the Frontier did.

I can get likely three colour, natural, dark redish and white. I'm
really not into anything fancier myself. So, I can include the price
of frame, matte and glass quite cheaply with the print.

I hope to hang some at a local coffee shop, perhaps another type of
store, even a restaurant. Put up a series of maybe 5 or 6 with my name
and price on it and see what happens.

Galleries are another question. I'd like to hang at galleries of
course.

I've also thought about flea markets. Some are quite cheap to setup a
little stand with prints on it.

--
Need a brighter headlight the safe way?
Get a MOTORCYCLE HEADLIGHT RELAY KIT at: