Re: Review of Photoforum Exhibits April 3, 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peeter Vissak" <pv@xxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 11:28 PM
Subject: Re: Review of Photoforum Exhibits April 3, 2004

"Should this be a place where only sugar-coated praise is given to the
photographs on display? What would be the point of that?"

Could it be possible that only the fairer sex recognizes the value of
encouragement and support?  {;->

Even if someone believes a photograph has no redeeming value, the
photographer can be told this in a non-hurtful way.

Maybe I just think this way because I am cursed with a "mother's mind".
(A "mother's mind" includes the thought process that allows mothers to frame
and hang every piece of art you brought home from preschool because, ". . .
it's the most beautiful picture I've ever seen.")

Marilyn