gallery review

Per Ofverbeck
Copenhagen Library

Lovin? it.  The lines, the curves, the gray and the
brown.  The lights at the base of the stairs give it a
bit of a secret laboratory feel to it.  A great shot
for the library, but I would have waited for the two
guys on the moving walk to get out of the frame.

Dan Mitchell
Denver Reading Room

Great composition.  I like the rich color of the
curtains.  At that angle, could a polarizing filter
have reduced the reflection in the windows?  The
little hills in front are interesting as well?spot to
read on a sunny afternoon?

Achal Pashine
Fashion show Model

I know nothing about posing models, but this one looks
comfortable and her posture looks natural.  It seems
odd to me that her right side is a little overexposed,
but there is still a shadow coming from a flash
positioned a little to the left.  Correct me if I?m
wrong.

Pini Vollach
Gazebo

Looks like a lovely place to sit down and enjoy the
day.  A little on the blue side.  And that reflecting
pool!  Did you get some other shots of that?  I?d love
to see them.

Jim Davis
Mating Flush

Is the flush a type of bird, or an explanation of the
rosey color towards the back of the bill.  The second
week in a row I?m really drawn to the spots in the
background.  The detail is outstanding, of course.
Weird lookin? bird.

Peeter Vissak
Annection

I like this one a lot.  Perhaps I?m biased towards
snakes after having kept one for a while, but they are
a lot of fun.  Great texture, great find.  Lovin? the
posture on the snake, a sort of protecting its
territory pose.

Jeff Spirer
Illusion

Interesting title.  For me, it draws my attention to
the blur of the mysterious children to the hard
reality of the wood.  The boy?s right foot seems to
have found a connection between the two worlds and the
other child seems oblivious to it all (or was the
child just shy?)

Trevor Cunningham
Minarets and Mirrors ala Aschal

I know a lot can be cleaned up here, but the intended
tonality comes through.  Does anybody see any obvious
scan/upload errors they know an immediate solution to?
 I do know the scanner needs a good cleaning.  Achal?s
(sorry for the misspell) hotel room shot the other
week made me think of my being bored in a hotel room
shot.  Other than the mosque, there really wasn?t a
thing to shoot aside from dirty rooftops.

WRGill
Strip Mall, 03.31.04

Great color/DOF.  I like the hyperbolic field in the
center.  It sort of looks like a miniature Pier 17 in
Lower Manhattan (another evil strip mall!).  Cast the
demons away and you could hang this up in your church.

IMMY Harris
Barrels

The title helps me a little, but I do wish you had
done a different treatment of the barrels.  Nothing
unique really pops out at me.  Once again, I am
attracted to the colorful barns in the background.

Christopher Strevens
New life

I?m off to the UK myself a week from today, and I
certainly hope there is more greenery than that!  I?m
distracted by the details around the new growth, but
they do provide a setting.  I really like macro
pictures and find my self wanting to get closer.

Maris V. Lidaka, Sr.
Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier

Ahhh?I miss Chicago.  Thank you.  It might help those
that don?t know about this ferris wheel to understand
the dizzying reality of this photo.  This mama is big!
 I, having a distinct issue with heights completely
respect this photo on the levels of obtaining it and
composition.  Math nerds like me get lost in the
beams.

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham