Re: Useless Gallery Blather

Gregory Fraser wrote:

Don Roberts (Fading Glory) - I really like the lighting on the monuments in the back but the flag keeps distracting me from them and I would rather just look at the tombstone and wall. I imagine from your title that the flag is the important element to you so do you find the background competes with the flag for your attention? I think I would prefer the background somewhat out of focus.

The intent was to relate the dilapidated flag to the condition of the grave site. Sort of a this too shall pass away moment. I, personally, don't have a problem with the DOF or the 2 competing subjects. I do seem to have a problem really explaining the feeling I had when I took the photo.
Don

  Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
 And the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty,
 but is it Art?".   --  Rudyard Kipling