Re: DSLR durability

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>My guess is that it will live long enough for the next best thing to
>come on to the market ;o)

Ya, well maybe after I sell it when the next best thing, the EOS 5D
with ECF comes out :-)

>For DSLRs, isn't cleaning the sensor an issue?  You can't just wipe
>them with a cotton bud (cn you?)

It hasn't been an issue for me. I keep looking for dirt but haven't
found any. I've never had to clean mine in almost 4000 shots now. I
change my lens maybe once a day. It's another overblown non issue.
Though I read that the Cmos is much better than the CCD cameras.

They are selling swabs and cleaning stuff now for them. And of course
it's easy to blow the sensor off, because the 10d has a sensor
cleaning mode that works with the camera battery.

--
Need a brighter headlight the safe way?
Get a MOTORCYCLE HEADLIGHT RELAY KIT at: