Re: Review: PF Exhibits on 03-06-04

<<<
My reluctance to give an opinion is that my opinions are merely aesthetic
and would do little more than tell someone whether or not I like their image
with little constructive support.

Trevor.

Even that is valuable information.  In fact, for me,
it's more valuable than comments about whether the
horizon is straight or whether the duck
is on the right third ;o)

>Hell, I just recently learned about the "Rule of Thirds."
> ops!  Did I just mention that?!  Sorry, Bob.

Ah, I failed to make myself clear.

Personally I have no problem with the "rule of thirds"
or any other "law of composition". But there are a few who
get uppity if anyone dares to mention "rules".  It's
almost an indignity to have "rules" imposed on them ...
earlier WR fell foul of a that after daring to
mention ROT.

I take the practical stance:  "if you know the rules,
you know how to break them".  If you know they're not
really rules/laws anyway then you have them in
perspective.
A picture doesn't stand or fail because it adheres to conventions:
it fails because it does not work. Once it's failed,
the rules can be reference selectively to try to
explain what isn't working (without having to derive
everything from first principles every time)

Bob