RE: Photographers are Dodos

"They will be putting cameras in phones next, mark my
words". - Kevin O'Connor

And I've just bought one.  Lousy pictures though, but you can image all you
contacts.  And send you picture to another similar phone.....

They've got TV cameras in phones too....

Chris.
http://www.chrisspages.co.uk

No. they're putting a phone in the camera. Message from my no.1 son in London - who works for Dow Jones Online on the Telecoms beat -
"Following a meeting with Sony Ericsson, I can safely say digital cameras
won't be with us very long in the mass market.
Two new phones that are genuinely a mobile on one side and a two-handed
digital camera on the other - looks identical, and it only when you flip it
around do you see it's a phone. What about the memory he screams? Well, you
can store 450 digital pictures on one of these babies - or 250 minutes of
video clips."
No, he's not entirely an idiot - just a lad who knows nothing about photography but does find gadgets attractive. I was tempted to ask him if the finder was digital or gallilean. Increasing memory and lens quality is a trend. The next universal device should be a phone/cam which stores MP3's, images, does basic palm pooter tasks and acts as a remote control device. Hang on tight.
Oh, and in the same message he mentioned a Scots habit of serving deep fried pizza with chips. Say it ain't so.
AndrewF