Re: Review: PF Exhibits on 03-06-04

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The sad truth is that some on the list seem to think either that
their opinions aren't "good enough" for the rest of us, or aren't
"nice" and will make others angry at them. Some on the list are even
afraid that their own photographs aren't "good enough" to expose to
the rest of us.

It's not that I feel my opinions aren't "good enough,"  I just think my opinions would be innappropriate.  Much of my reasoning for being on this list is that I am exposed to a great deal of technical information, constructive criticism, and experience based feedback.  I am more of a learner than a lurker.  My professional situation is one where I have to learn as much about this craft as I can (and, Emily, your article contribution is received with many thanks) and this list has been a life saver.  I am honored by those who take the time to criticize my images and offer ideas I never would have considered simply because I don't have the training or experieince.  My reluctance to give an opinion is that my opinions are merely aesthetic and would do little more than tell someone whether or not I like their image with little constructive support.  Hell, I just recently learned about the "Rule of Thirds."  Oops!  Did I just mention that?!  Sorry, Bob.

;)

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.