Re: More information, please.

> Each viewer is most likely going to read something different into
each photograph.
>A title and "theme," or in our case, a little information about the
photographs in
>PF's gallery, gives the viewer a frame of reference or somewhere to
start.

 Marilyn

Maybe that's where we differ.

Given just the photo, or these days should I say the image, and
nothing else I'm free to explore it - to make what I like of it.

For abstracts especially: half the fun for me is in either deciding
what it is /  exploring the patterns and finding my own interests.

Sometimes  a title can destroy a picture (not always).

Once read it's not forgotten.

In a real gallery things are different.
You can stand back and observe the pictures.
If they interest you you can walk up / bend down and find the title,
bio, details etc.

I think what I'm saying is I don't mind reading what / why etc.  I
just prefer to look at a picture first without being spoon fed.

Bob