Re: Film washing problem?

On Mar 2, 2004, at 8:38 AM, Gregory Fraser wrote:

I seem to be having a problem with film washing as evident by the line of crap running horizontally across the image through Barbie's left eye shown here http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/temp/barbie.jpg.

I washed the film with tap water. Then with the film still in the developing tank, I filled the tank with distilled water and two drops of LFN that I purchased a week ago. I agitated it in there for about twenty seconds then hung the film and squeegeed it with my wet fingers. Obviously I've done something wrong. Can anyone help me clear this up?

Thanks, Greg

Greg,

If the line to your wash tank is not filtered, try doing that. It will keep a lot of stuff from being embedded into the emulsion.

I use a final rinse (not tap water) with wetting solution and just hang the film up without wiping it down in a clean dust free area.
This results in good clean negs 99.99% of the time.

Dave