archival, black and white digital printer?

The following was posted to another area on the internet I frequent. Anybody have and help, comments or advice?

My friend and I have a question about printers.

What is the best professional, archival quality, black and white
digital printer?

I've preliminarily narrowed the search to the Epson Stylus Pro 2200
and the Epson Stylus Pro 4000 because of a) the pigment based Epson
Ultrachrome ink technology, b) the quality of print (archival due to
ink and detail due to small droplet size), and c) the straight
through print path (avoiding jams even with heavy print surfaces
such as watercolor paper).

Price is a secondary concern; and in favor of the more expensive
4000, I have read that ink prices in the larger cartridges amount to
substantial long term, high volume savings.

I also like the self-aligning feature in the 4000.

Is there a better printer?

(We're currently using Sony DSC S85 and Olympus C 730 cameras and
Windows XP OS.) My friend and I have a question about printers.

Thanks,
Rich Mason