Brief comments on PF exhibit photographs

currently on view at PF's main exhibit hall located on the Intertnet at:
                 http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

Geg Fraser - From A Bridge - very easy on the eyes, with  a bit of mystery
thrown in, probably best seen as a print as fine detail in snow and ice melt
into a mush on a CRT screen

Leslie Spurlock - Hope for a Nation in Turmoil - very expressive even though
the point of view is somewhat safe for a photojournalist!

Jim Davis - A Grey Heron Lifts Off - very nice, I like how the bird seems to be
flying against the wind indicated by the tufts on the weeds.

Shawna Hanel- Red River Gum Trees - very serene, tranquil view of the river
landscape. Transports me to personal experiences in similar locations. "Dead"
air, almost opressive. Possibly chirping bugs or maybe deafening silence.

Don Roberts - Snowcaps - cool!

Jeff Spirer - Restaurant Kitchen - hmmm - blurry face and hand of cook spoil
this for me. Open door would maybe indicate a "decisive moment" but falls short
on this.

Achal Pashine - Madari, India - unfortunate choice of point of view and unlike
Leslie's photo this one really suffers from "rear view" and cluttered
surroundings  ... even though India is probably  so.

Scott C. Schulman - dizzy dog scene fails to convey much about anything other
than there is some obvious circular movement of camera but for what purpose?

well, that's my $.02 kopecks (sp?) worth for now.
andy