Re: Framing (was Re: What has happened to this Forum?)

Interesting.  Do you ever worry that maybe people just
buy the photograph for the frame then?
--- "Rev. Sidney Flack" <sgflack@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alberto Tirado wrote:
> > I am considering giving up my own mating and
> framing.....
>
> Alberto,
>
> I consider matting and framing to be the final
> stages of the over all
> process toward producing a fine print.  I wouldn't
> even consider
> offering one of my photographs for sale without it
> being mounted and
> matted.  I've considered not framing them.  But I'd
> hate to think of the
> ghastly things people might use.  Even after money
> has been exchanged
> and the photograph walks away in someone else's
> hand, it's still my
> photograph and I care how it is finally presented.
> Putting it in the
> kind of frame I prefer and selling it that way makes
> it just a little
> less likely it be put in some other type of frame
> latter.  I won't even
> think about what other colors of mat people might
> consider.
>
> To put it succinctly, I consider matting and framing
> to be part of the
> image, not an add on.  I wouldn't think of giving it
> up.
>
> Peace!
> Sidney

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham