RE: Back to Basics: Camera Holding

I have always found that a little silly.  Not only
does it make you increase your time in taking a
picture, but it can attract attention to you and your
camera in less than safe conditions.  They make these
digital cameras with eyepieces and people are walking
around in the daylight squinting at, shading with
their hand, trying to get a better angle through which
to view this tiny little screen when all they have to
do is look through the viewfinder and click the damn
picture.  Have any camera companies thought about
putting the LCD in the view finder (nobody seems to
use it anyway)?  That would give you a nice dark hole
to view your picture in to give you a more accurate
view of the light conditions.
--- wildimages@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >The basic grip I teach also stems from weapons
> training.
>
> Les
>
> That's all very well for film cameras but digital
> ones are held in front
> of the body at half-arms length ... the "proper
> viewing distance" for the
> LCD screen ;o)
>
> How does that work???
>
> Bob

=====

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham