Re: Back to Basics: Camera Holding

Speaking of taking several shots in a row:

My daughter's new Coolpix 3700 has a feature called best shot selector. It allows you to just keep the shutter button depressed and it will automatically click off up to 8 frames, one after the other, then it will erase all but the sharpest frame.

This really helps to get sharper images when making night or interior available light exposures (no flash). From having used auto advance cameras for many years, I find the first frame of a sequence is usually the least sharp regardless how carefully you make a handheld slow exposure. Don't know why? Maybe it is just due to thinking about how still you can make your body or maybe it is the actually pressing down on the release. Once the release is down it s easy to really freeze for the additional exposures. The Coolpix's ability to automatically delete the all but the sharpest frame is a great idea for a digital camera. Almost as good as carrying a mono-pod.

BTW - My wife is as good a pistol shooter as I am (long nails and all). I would guess her photos would be every bit as sharp as mine, but she lets me do all our picture taking.
Walter