Re: Back to Basics: Camera Holding

> more personally, i have always been annoyed by the way most chicks hold a
reflex camera...you know, the two first fingers around the lens, the others
extended in an effort not to brake the fingernails...

I am not a 'chick' but let me tell Kostas that even if you qualified your
statement with "most", I still think that it is a gross misrepresentation. I
have seen many talented woman/girl photographers around, printing in the
same darkroom that I frequent!
If I am without a tripod, my method is to have as good grip on the camera as
I can. If I have something to rest my back against (like a wall), I do that,
to make myself more steady, compose, adjust f stop/time, breathe (if it is
not the fleeting moment) and press the shutter. I usually take three shots
in the row with bracketing of 0.5 stops.
thanks.
achal