>From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
kpp@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 4:58 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Back to Basics: Camera Holding

>From/Áðü: "achal pashine" achal@xxxxxxxxxxxx >Per, everybody is in, but kindda quiet. nobody initiated any discussion. >-achal

how about this?
what is the way you hold your camera? what is your body posture etc?
what are the basic things for a newcomer or even a seasoned pro to watch out
for?
(for the sake of the specific subject let's assume that mono and bi-pods are
left behind)

more personally, i have always been annoyed by the way most chicks hold a
reflex camera...you know, the two first fingers around the lens, the others
extended in an effort not to brake the fingernails...

soon enough i adopted a combination of rifle and pistol shooting
techiques... good balance, supported body, proper breathing, camera adapted
two-handed grip, symmetric hand pressure, bone support for the arms, flesh
patching for interconected body members, etc...

that brings up a question i always had...do photographic schools teach any
camera holding techniques? (even as informal as a series of tips during
field work)...it seems important to me, 'cos i feel it offers more than
stability and faster shutter time...a good shooting technique offers
flexibility, faster response, and creates less fatigue so you hold longer
and stadier.
in that regard, i once was very disapointed to see a greek photo school
graduate, not use any camera support technique while shooting(photographing)
his fellow band members...

so if you wish to contribute to such a discussion, come forward state your
method...

thanks, kostas
so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the
other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography

_________

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé
äþñï ôï domain óáò!

Pablo Coronel Ph.D. Candidate Food Science Department North Carolina State University Room 39 Schaub Hall, Box 7624 Raleigh, NC, 27695

Phone (919) 515-4410
Fax (919) 515-7124
e-Fax (419) 818-7590
e-mail pcorone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx