Re: Back to Basics: Camera Holding

> Speaking of taking several shots in a row:
>
> My daughter's new Coolpix 3700 has a feature called best shot selector.
>   It allows you to just keep the shutter button depressed and it will
> automatically click off up to 8 frames, one after the other, then it
> will erase all but the sharpest frame.

Walter,
that's a cool feature. But, the sharpest 'picture' may not be the best
'image'. I often find that, I like images which have just the right spot of
sharp highlighting the most interesting part of the image..
I do not know much about Coolpix, but what happens if you shoot wide-open,
where does it look for the sharpest part?
Light-camera's (most digital p/s) are difficult to handhold than medium
weight cameras (say, N80s or EOS3). On the other hand, if you increase the
weight further (say, hassy or pentax 67), it becomes very difficult to
handhold.
-achal