Re: Is it there yet?

From/Áðü: "Izzet Cigirgan" izzet@xxxxxxxx
>Digital is there, and has been around for at least 3-4 years. The equipment
>is expensive though if you are not a commercial (professional) photographer.
>The body alone costs more than 2,000 usd. and it is not upgradeable.
>
>If I was making money from photography, I would just leave film alltogether,
>and go full digital.
>If I finances were not limiting, I would go full digital.
>If I was a holiday photographer who took snapshots of friends and family, I
>would go full digital too, only the equipment would be different.
>If I was a dark-room hobbyist that liked the feel of chemicals, and red
>lights, etc. I would never leave film.
>
>As a hobbyist I use both film and digital, and when the price of a Canon 10D
>type body that has solved autofocus issues, and is priced 999.99 I will go
>full digital.

 i would like to make 2 commnets

1. the best digital camera does not worth a thing if you cannot compose a proper image

2. we live in a multimedia world...we will keep film in the two main formats, and digital and whatever comes next, all in the same time

i just came from a discussion of music recording media...
despite the cd imperium, i still use a high end tape recorder for archiving my shows, a minidisc for interviews and bootlegging and we recently installed a turntable in the studio for those ol'vinyl records.
the same holds true to photographic media

digital is easy to capture, and work with, and especially fast, and my concert photos have improved from the time i started scanning the negs and working them over in PS, but no one can move me away from film...and more importandly, the more time i spent in PS the less i want to get out of the room and shoot new frames....(maybe because i get a false sense of fullfilment from harvesting the PS abilities)
and that is the important stuff...isn't it?

enjoy all, kostas
so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!