From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of kpp@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 1:36 PM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: Is it there yet?

 i would like to make 2 commnets

1. the best digital camera does not worth a thing if you cannot compose a
proper image

2. we live in a multimedia world...we will keep film in the two main
formats, and digital and whatever comes next, all in the same time

i just came from a discussion of music recording media...
despite the cd imperium, i still use a high end tape recorder for archiving
my shows, a minidisc for interviews and bootlegging and we recently
installed a turntable in the studio for those ol'vinyl records.
the same holds true to photographic media

digital is easy to capture, and work with, and especially fast, and my
concert photos have improved from the time i started scanning the negs and
working them over in PS, but no one can move me away from film...and more
importandly, the more time i spent in PS the less i want to get out of the
room and shoot new frames....(maybe because i get a false sense of
fullfilment from harvesting the PS abilities) and that is the important
stuff...isn't it?

enjoy all, kostas