From: "Elgenper" <elgenper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 2:39 AM
Subject: Gallery review

Another week, another bunch of opinions...

Gary Colnar, Regal Theater: A truky "Disneylandish" image.  Not my cup
of tea, normally, but this one has an Art Deco flavour I rather like.

Achal Paschine, Sunrise: One word: quiet.  Want to be there...

Trevor Cunningham, Wadi Rum:  A rum one alright...  Very difficult to
make it out at first.  Did you use a red filter?  A lighter one would
have kept the sky lighter, and the image would have gained, I think.

Leslie Spurlock, Faith and Hope:  What I really like about the two pics
Les has shown, is the wonderful light and the general feeling of good
old B/W photojournalism, almost Gene Smith-ish.  What detracts are
details that are visually unexplained, like the hairpins in last week´s
image, and that scarf tie in this one. As others have said, keep on
shootin´... You´re on the right track, sure.

Jim Davis, Success: Top notch job (1/2000th and be there...).  Most
wildlife photogs would be jealous abot this one.

Johnny Mason, "UFO": To me, looks more like a frying pan with goggles,
but then I´m a firm non-believer in these matters.

Rubin Diehl, Wild Flower: Good composition.  Would have been improved
by softer light, I think.

Emily Ferguson, Jack came to visit:  Well, old Jack Frost has been busy
here in Sweden too... Like the curves, but I can imagine the scan lost
lots of the glitter; this must be a scanner´s absolute nightmare...

Kostas Papatokas, Irony: Now, without the extensive discussion, I would
probably never even have noticed that other photographer, and I still
can´t se it as much of an irony, only a funny incident.  Without the
story, I´m afraid i just see another tourist snap among millions.

William Downey, C-47 Ghost: Golly, I thought it was a DC-3 (don´t kill
me...).  Anyhow, you sure succeded in getting a timeless feeling about
it.

Andrew Davidhazy, Figure: Just found her older sister on the cover of
Gruber´s Imaginary Photo Museum.. ;-)  That one is a solarization by
Man Ray, and Andy´s image also takes me back to the period of
photo-graphics (Ray, Bayer, Hajek-halke).  Not a bad company, really..

OK, that´s it.  Just an answer to those wo asked about my contribution:
the product (not) advertised was... water treatment expertise!

Per Öfverbeck
http://foto.ofverbeck.se