Re: Gallery review

In a message dated 2/3/04 1:32:17 PM Central Standard Time, elf@xxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Well, one can be an amateur at one type of photography and a
 professional at another.  The skills are not necessarily required for
 all types, although certainly there's a great advantage to having
 every single one available in all types.

That's cool. I understand the flaws in the image. I would just say, in my
defense, that it's a step above amateur. Perhaps not, I just don't really think
it is that bad, looking at it from a documentary viewpoint. The image
definitely has something to say even if the scarf is a little in the way. In looking
back, I still would have taken the image and would not have interrupted her to
move her scarf. Now, granted, it may not be a prize-winner, but I have seen a
lot of prize winners in some of those contest you spoke about that looked a lot
more amateurish. I have also seen a lot of stuff that makes me realize how
far I have to go. Oh well, maybe you will like next week's image better.

Leslie Spurlock
http://americanphotojournalist.com/member.php?user=lscotthpht
888-381-0854