Gallery Review

Not much in the way of reviews yet this week. Let´s have a go:

Elisha Page, Woman´s Basketball: Afraid I´m rather antipathetic to sports, so I cannot really relate to this one. Seems a bit TOO tightly cropped; would have liked to see the whole basketball. However, I realize No. 14 wasn´t exactly prepared to stop and pose at that moment...

Leslie Spurlock: Wonderful light, lovely eyes. Too bad her chin is hidden. Those amorphous white patches on her brow and hair are a bit disturbing.

Don Roberts, Secrest Barn: I love wooden architecture in general, and this is a great example. Nice composition, great curves. The enormous depth-of-field in a digicam is important; this one would probably be impossible handheld with film, or with a near full-frame sensor.

Rubin Diehl, Morning Colors: Nice view to wake up to... Again, would have preferred a less tight crop.

W R Gill: Boy, what a way to enter Yosemite Valley! Must be shot from another aircraft, I suppose. The yellow colour against blue goes well with the previous picture, I must add... ;-)

Shawna Hanel, Spoon: Even if one weren´t aware of the message Shawna is sending, this one would convey a lot of it all by itself as a symbol of waste and futility. Good!

Dan Mitchell, House at the end of the Lane: Lots of fence, less house. Still, the composition leaves no doubt that the house is the subject. I like it.

Jeff Spirer, Construction: Reminds me a lot of the work of Harry Callahan & Co (which I like). By far the best of this week IMHO.

Alan Zinn, Can we get one Dad?: Ouch, my eyes... Seriously, the 3D works well for me (I´ve done it before); without it this would be a rather dull picture. Now it comes alive.

Ok, that´s it for now. Come on, the rest of you!

Per