Re: Another Query: NetObjects FUSHION7

Laurenz <enquiries@travelphoto.net> wrote/replied to:

> I just purchased the update to the latest version, Fusion 7.5, which is supposed to correct some shortcomings of version 7 (for example: no control over the meta descriptions of subpages and inability to directly meddle with the HTML of the page...).

You won't regret getting 7.5, it is just plain faster all around.
Amazingly, metatags can be different for each page, or all the same. I
find that handy as my site is split into 'photo' and 'other'.

>You find more information at http://www.netobjects.com/ .
>The photo gallery feature is very helpful in my opinion - the alternative would be either very tedious hand-coding, or a database solution that has problems of its own...

I don't use the gallery feature, but you can certainly use any other
gallery creator, Netobjects makes it easy to place Java, Active X,
Flash, etc on a page. Photoshop also has a nice gallery feature.

I prefer to just show my photos like a real gallery. No thumbnails for
me. One can lesurely scroll up and down and the photos remain! I feel
that people tend to go through the other type of gallery too quickly.
And it's frustrating waiting for each image. My page might take awhile
on dialup but the first images starts loading right away so you do
have something to look at while it loads.

I've actually thought lately about a 'real' type of gallery where you
scroll sideways, but making this intuitive for many users is
difficult. Computer users are so used to scrolling down, that I just
keep mine that way.

I think the small things are what set a page apart. Having a theme and
designing many small custom elements really sets a page apart, and
makes it 'your own'. Having the tools to make it easy really helps
with design. Dragging and dropping images or 'objects' on the page
directly helps. Having all links and renames automatically update is
one of my favorite features. If I wanted to rename a page before, I
had to go through and make sure all my references fit, and cleanout my
FTP site because likely the newly named page would be sent again, and
the old no longer used stuff remain.

Nice webpages you have created! I have watched it grow and it's really
a great design and look you now have. Lots of good photos too, and I
just know you're going to increase the quality of those images over
the next few years too. Something else you might think about, is
showing a matte and frame around your images in the gallery. I have
found it makes a big difference in presentation, and it's more 'real
gallery' like.

--
Jim Davis
Nature Photography