My case of photos at work

well thanks for your responses and here is what i have to reply (actually fill in)

Emily L. Ferguson **********************
You forgot to add to your list - just say no.
It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
"Oh, no.  I'm the kind of photographer that gets the redeye and cuts
off the tops of heads, you know, a point and shooter.  You'd need
something much better than that."

- you are right in the part about saying no, but how can i ask them for a leave to travel abroad and shoot my fave band's concert? and how about when it will be a team in the car and one has to brush aside my heavy photo backpack and tripod to find place to sit?

Jim Davis***********

Insist that they buy you full insurance. You might even get camera
insurance as a bonus here. They must insure your cameras. Surely if
you lose a camera you should not lose anything. You were using your
equipment for their work.
- sorry Jim there is no thing like that....this is Greece...insurance ciompanies have no packages for sound systems and Pcs stolen from your home, let alone damaged goods at work!

Do you want to be stuck using 'their' equipment? It might not suit you.
I always prefer to use my own equipment, but be compensated for it.
- so what? far better to fish out their camera from the irigation channel, or pick the pieces out of the harvesters jaws...and if it doesn't fit the job, it is their job, isn't it?

Yes, and a lovely assistant if you are lucky. Then you can write a
book about it, or sell a movie script. Good luck.
- you are pulling my leg, right? there are far better things to do with a lovely assistant in the corn fields!

He said that in Greece one can't refuse, it's their custom.
- it is not a custom, it the bosses rule.

Jim Davis***********
I think he should do as all other Greek Agronomists do - take his own
photos and enjoy it. Make the most of it. These 'extras' we do for
companies can really come into play at times. Like in lean times when
they're trying to decide who to let go...
and Bob **********
Yup, you have two agronomists and the budget says you can afford one.
One of them is also the bloke who does all the free copy for the
company magazine - the other one is your son-in-law.  Which do you
choose to keep?

Bob ***************
Yup, you have two agronomists and the budget says you can afford one.
One of them is also the bloke who does all the free copy for the
company magazine - the other one is your son-in-law.  Which do you
choose to keep?
- i have already been in that position. when my friend left the firm a year and a half ago to continue his studies
i was proposed for the job. Only to be cornered by a fellow with such a connection...It seems that guy was a poof, aka i return stronger and wiser...not that i gain any real payoffs ( cash ).It always is about how much cash will change pockets, and only that...all the artistic qualities are crap to big bosses

enjoy, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Äåí Ý÷åôå web site; ÁðïêôÞóôå ôï ôþñá êáé ðÜñôå äþñï ôï domain óáò!