Re: Old Nikon lenses

> > You can add any lens to any camera almost. NO other camera manufacturer
> can make that claim.

> How about Hassy, Leica in terms of backward compatibility?

plaubel, bertram, linhof, cambo, burke and james, Arca, ..

Pentax?  Do Nikon screw mount lenses mount on Nikon bayonet bodies or
bayonet lenses go on their screw mount cameras?

;-)

I downloaded a Nikon lens/body compatibility chart some time back.  The
student who asked for it found it all too complex and threw his hands in the
air in disgust.  The lack of an aperture ring on some of the latest lenses
do tend to make controlling the lens a little hard on some earlier cameras!

what is definately true is that the bit which locks the lens to the body is
the same on all Nikon 35mm SLRs.