Re: Old Nikon lenses

Oh Emily...................You poor child............

Once upon a time ( back in the dark ages) we were able to take "pictures" without any electricity.........

Back then the the indexing pin on a Nikon lens was used to communicate with the camera body............indicating and coupling the lens f/stop to the camera.........

doug

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@cape.com> wrote:
I came into the photographic world when auto focus existed. Can some
of your older timers explain to me the differences between Nikon AI,
AI-S, ED, ED-IS.

I do know that once upon a time there was a prong adaptation on the
lens for something, but I'm not quite certain which something.

Thanks.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com