Re: CANON D10 FOCUS PROBLEM

rand flory <ferret@wyoming.com> wrote/replied to:

>We got hooked on that extra focal length thing pretty quickly, didn't we?
>For a nature photographer, having your 400mm lens suddenly converted to an
>effective 640mm lens is remarkable.
>
>Still, the 1Ds, when cropped to a 10D sensor, because the sensors are
>larger, will still have greater sensitivity and dynamic range than the 10D,
>while there will be less noise. And the probability is that you would not be
>able to tell the difference. And just think how much wider your vista shots
>would be with the 1Ds.

Well, considering that even with the magnification factor, I still end
up cropping quite often, I'm not sure the 1Ds would offer as nice an
image. And what a waste it would be! I want 12 megapixels on the 10D
sized sensor!

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html