Re: CANON D10 FOCUS PROBLEM

Ya'll writ,

> Are Canon that crass?
> Not many pros can afford the 1Ds.
> What is a "pro" anyway: someone who takes photos for a living or
> someone who uses only the most expensive equipment?   Mmmm ...

A Pro is someone who takes photos for a living.
Someone who uses only the most expensive equipment is usually called a
doctor during the week but answers to photographer on the weekends.

> | Everyone I know who bought that camera either returned it or lives
> in
> | bitter anger and disappointment.

> Alas! Poor r.
>
> He must know so VERY few people.

That is true. And some of those few aren't even photographers. And some
of THOSE that are never bought a 10D.
Actually, I know a guy who bought the camera and told me that it
wouldn't focus. He returned it. Apparently he told another friend of
ours who didn't listen, bought one and now lives in bitter anger and disappointment.
Does that make my story any less true?

> Actually the 10D is a GREAT camera, probably (although arguably) the
> best
> digital camera body under $3000. A few do have focus problems, but the
> vast
> majority do not, and those that do have the problem are correctable.

Is it better than the digital rebel?

> to take it off your hands for a couple of hundred USD. :-)

USD????  You know how to get my attention, don't you?
You temptress, you!

> r2

U2?

> Jim,
>
> We got hooked on that extra focal length thing pretty quickly, didn't
> we?
> For a nature photographer, having your 400mm lens suddenly converted
> to an
> effective 640mm lens is remarkable.

Is that like putting an A-16 back on a Hassy and thinking how cool it is
to suddenly have longer focal length lenses in your kit?

"to crop is the first step on the journey to crap"  -Vlad  (i think)

>  without a doubt the best digital
> camera is the Nickdorf Pixelhacker
> http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery/nickdorf/PixelHacker.html.
>
> Everybody knows that.
>
> Greg

My grandfather ran a very successful child portrait business
(Kidnappers) in Portland with that camera. "Chuck a Duck!" he said. "Who
needs ducky when you have one of these puppies? The kids can't keep
their eyes off of it!"

Till tomorrow's digest,