For Mac Users Only

Hi Fellow Mac Users,

Got a question some of you may have some experience with. A couple of years ago I gave my grandson Michael, the genius, (he's 7) my old Performa 6115CD so he could use it to further his education (he's home schooled). Well, the thing has run out of steam and he really needs a more powerful machine. So, I'm thinking of upgrading to a dual processor G4 and giving him my Blue and White G3. I need a G4 because the G5 doesn't support SCSI and I do not wish to trash my scanner and zip drive. My question revolves around potential problems running all the programs that happily run on OS 8.6 on OS 9.2. I'd also hate to lose Photoshop 4.0.1. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who's made this transition and how it went for you.

Please reply off list so as not to clog up the works.

Thanks,

Jim
Baja, Oregon