Re: how do you work & backup?

Hi Kostas,

you said you store your photos in the "my pictures" directory to get the WinMe slideshow function.

2 tips:

1) You can make any folder behave that way. View/Customize This Folder brings up a "wizard" where you can select an HTML template for the folder. Among the options is image preview; pick it and you are "slideshow ready".

2) There is a fairly small (500K) freeware program called vueslide which when run in a folder, will put on a slideshow of all jpgs (and perhaps other types -- I don't recall) in the folder. It seems to draw on less of the system resources than the WinMe route does. (Also, it is a nice program to include on CD's of photos being sent to the barely computer literate. You just put a copy in each dir that has photos and tell them to run vueslide.) It is a spin-off of vueprint, so should be available at http://www.hamrick.com.

Best,

Brian van den Broek