Re: is that REAL film grain?

From: "Rev. Sidney Flack"
>even though the film in question is Konica, a rather inferior
> specimen at best.

Konica films have to be one of the best kept secrets of the Japanese :-)

the oldest film company in the world.
the only manufacturer ever to have produced a legitimate 3200 ASA colour
print film
the maker of VX100, for over 10 years the only film capable of capuring
subtle blue and mauve tones.
the first to manufacture a Chromogenic film
Some of the highest film resolutions for any given film speed

Spawning Nikon, Topcon and Horesman.. the company has some serious PR issues
for sure, but their films are far from inferior!

..actually, I can't think of a single film from any manufacturer which could
be considered 'inferior' - all films have their strong points and once a
photographer has found out what they are they can take full advantage of
them.

For example - we have extremely contrasty lighting here in most parts of Oz,
which is the downfall of Fuji Crystal paper.. it's too contrasty for our
conditions

That certainly doesn't mean it's crap