Re: TIF or JPEG

At 09:13 AM 12/7/2003 +0900, you wrote:
> [...]

Like I said, I looked and my JPG files saved at 12 average around 7 megs.

If you actually get 7MB files after converting TIFF files from your Canon 10 DSLR to JPEG format, it is because you have one way or another interpolated additional information to the camera file.

TIFF files from your camera or any 10D/D60 are around 18.4MB. An18.4MB tiff file saved at #12 quality value in PS7 or PS Elements will yield a JPEG file of between just under 1.8 to 3.5MB depending on detail in the TIFF. Any one can check this out by using two 10D images from "Steve's Digicam Reviews". The girl's TIFF image has little detail and results in a about a 2.32mb JPEG. The view of the red brick building has much more detail and yields a 3.7MB JPEG file.

touche

What an odd thing to append to your post... The person who calls "Touche." is doing so to admit being scored upon. Is that really what you had in mind?

Dave
East Englewood
"French tuchier
Date:1904
-- used to acknowledge a hit in fencing or the success or appropriateness of an argument, an accusation, or a witty point"