Re: scanners descreening capabilities

"kpp@mailbox.gr" <kpp@mailbox.gr> wrote/replied to:

>some years ago i was using a friend's Musteck 1200 flatbed, and that stuff offered a choice of  descreening settings...till now, i though that my Epson was clever enough to pick the right descreening itself...no i wonder
>
>the actuall question is: is the fault of the scanner, or teh problem lies in the screening that particular catalogues printing uses?

Here's what I've found to use descreening. I zoom in on the preview
and try different settings. It's as simple as that, especially if your
scanner software does instant updating. No need to rescan, the
software simply shows you what your settings changes will reproduce on
the scan. Try it.

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html