Re: Gallery review

> Thank you Per for the reviewing !
> BTW - Only you this week ?

Well, yes, Per, you were the only one.
(unless you count my contribution:
<<<... there is a good set of images.

I can honestly say there is not one amongst them that is without
merit.

A travel brochure illustration from Per

The comment on your shot was not meant in a bad way: it could easily be the cover of a holiday magazine.

I would thank you  (Per) for reviewing my picture but I felt
   "Great Auk, no doubt. Making everybody think
    it is extinct, just to preserve some privacy..."
came over more as just  a comment
What that said to me was the photo had nothing to say about itself as a photo.
I can live with that.
I'd still thank Per for taking the time to review the others.

<<
Yes, a bit surprised... There has been a couple of very long threads
that might have kept people busy...>>
Some people "whine" about the reviewers not doing thier jobs properly - we can't have it both ways.  (Ever noticed how "back-seat drivers" are always so flippin perfect).

Can I say I do understand the complaints.  I've now read quite a lot about how a critique should be delivered, how destructive it can be to criticise without dressing it with sugar, how we should find something positive to say.  But I have to accept that style is not for me.

If I particularly like an image - I'll contact the author off-list to say so.   That avoids a lot of aggro!

Bob T

Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime