Re: TIF or JPEG

> If you really have the finished, sharpened, product ready for printing I
see nothing wrong with saving a jpeg at the maximum quality setting
(PhotoShop).   The file size is still quite big but a huge saving in disk
space over TIFF.

> Heck, I thought you were an experimenter: surprised you have not tried or
are you too busy mending darkrooms ;o)

mending darkrooms :-)

Actually, I figured as much (from my testing) but I'd like other opinions -
Sometimes my opinions get poo-hoo'd because popular wisdom (oxymoron)
disagrees.

I advise students to save as JPEG for space considerations while preserving
the original image, whatever the capure format as a TIF before working on
it.

just feeling out other ideas