Re: TIF or JPEG

<<For example, I can store an 8x10, a 5x7 and a 6x4 equivalent & appropriately
cropped jpeg in less space than a single 8x10 TIF (talking 300lpi here) so
does the TIF really offer any benefit over the lossy format?>>

Karl

If you really have the finished, sharpened, product ready for printing I see nothing wrong with saving a jpeg at the maximum quality setting (PhotoShop).   The file size is still quite big but a huge saving in disk space over TIFF.

The advantage of TIFF is that you have not thrown anything away - should you later decide to adjust contrast, levels, sharpening etc.

Heck, I thought you were an experimenter: surprised you have not tried or are you too busy mending darkrooms ;o)

Bob

Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime