Re: Off Topic

<<
Now days for many, everything is available to us (credit) and wants can be
satisfied as readily as needs. Everyday we are inundated with exciting
images, exciting sounds, exciting sights.. what could christmas possibly
offer to compete ?

The contrast of a quiet time when we block out the madness..

Karl

I think actually you have it there.

My family were very poor.  Christmas really was a time when we had some treats we NEVER saw at any other time. Christmas was different.
It was also a time when dad got 2 days off work - in fact almost everyone got 2-days off and even the pubs shut (which is why we saw dad ;o).

Nowadays people have access to pretty much anything whenever.  We are indeed bombarded with images and entertainment.

As you say, the special times now for me are away from the phone, away from the computer  ... time to just think ...

... oh, and take some photos ;o)

Bob

Freeserve AnyTime - HALF PRICE for the first 3 months - Save £7.50 a month
www.freeserve.com/anytime