Re: TIF or JPEG

I save all my original scans as corrected tiffs. Full size, no compression, complete IPTC info incl. date and caption and © info. Then whatever I need them for I can modify and save them in the new arrangment for the specific purpose.

My digital originals get burned to CD in the form they come off the camera. Then another set of corrected, uncompressed tiffs gets saved also with the features mentioned for film above.

Since most programs that one uses for cataloguing, downloading etc retrieve the image info that the digital camera collects at the moment you get the shot I never discard my camera originals.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com