Re: What does everyone use?

> So what digital cameras do all of you use? And what picture programs are
> the best? Also, what's the best scanner?

Hi Shyrell,
Your problem of jpg -> gif automatic transformation is a mystery to me. But,
anyway, I will fill in my answers to your above questions.
When I 'have to' use digital camera (when I am lazy to not carry my heavy
EOS1v HS or Pentax 67), I use my Kodak DC 280 (very old 2.0 megapixel)
camera. It has been very useful to me to find good angles and for rough
'idea shots' before I go for my final shots to the same place/situation for
more serious shoot.
As far as the picture program is concerned, Adobe PS 7.0 has worked out to
be the best. I have no complaints about it. I have yet not found a picture
program to catalog all my shots systematically in a nicely searchable
format. I sometimes like to play with DreamWorks's Photographic edges 5.0
program. It is ok for playing, I have not yet found a 'pro' use for it.
I have a HP photosmart scanner for my 5X7 prints or 35mm negs or slides-> ok
jpgs for webs or for casual prints on my Epson 2800 scanner.
But if you have to rely on your digital camera for "pro" purposes, you
obviously have to get some serious camera than mine! :)
take care,
Achal