Re: What does everyone use?

Shyrell,

Nikon makes good scanners and so does Minolta. Look for a dynamic range of
more than 3.6 which increases the cost but allows for beautiful gadations of
tone and color. 16bit files and high dpi/ppi ratings.

You might also want to look at color balance and profiles for your digital
chain. The camera, computer, and printer need to all talk the same language.
If you add a scanner that only increases the need to balance everything to
one profile.

Be careful shopping at ebay, there are good deals there but also some
wierdness. I saw and ad for two D1s for $1850 but it reads odd. Not sure
what to make of it. Most people I talked to suggested staying away from that
one.

Cameta Camera has some demo D100s available with full US warranties. B&H is
good, but you tend to pay top dollar there but are well trusted in the
industry.

Also look at www.keh.com for used Cameras and Scanners.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com
"The brave ones were shooting the enemy, the crazy ones got it on digital"